The original building was completed in 1956 at a cost of approximately $470 000. Additions have been necessary over the years to accommodate increased enrollments and specialized courses. Students first attended classes on October 9, 1956, while the official opening took place on March 22, 1957.
Allen Gibb was the school's first principal and Harley Stamm the first vice principal. For a three year period (1962-65) while Mr. Gibb taught overseas, Mr. Stamm was acting principal. From 1965-76, Mr. Gibb resumed the principalship of Eastview Junior High.
In September of 1976 Eastview became a community school, in 1982 the school was renamed Eastview Community School and is currently named Eastview Middle School.
Mr. Kevin Robertson is the principal, with Ms. Kimberly Darling and Ms. Kelly Freriks as the Vice Principals. The school has a 6 to 8 grade configuration with an enrollment of about 600 students. The total staff including full and part time is just under 50 members.
Eastview Middle School's Past Principals
- Allen Gibb 1962 - 1965
- Harley Stamm 1965 - 1976
- Larry Pizzey 1976 - 1985
- Barrie Wilson 1986 - 1996
- Jerry Simonsen 1996 - 2005
- Stu Henry 2005 - 2010
- Dean Pasiuk 2010 - 2015
- Sean Latta 2015 - May 2016
- Kevin Robertson May 2016 - Present