Students/Parents: Report Cards will NOT be printed out since marks can be accessed online. Any parents that do not have access to internet/PowerSchool Gradebook App, please contact the school and we would be happy to print a copy of the student's report card for you.
Red Deer Public School District has recently adopted a new Student Information System. The database that houses all our student data is called PowerSchool. This is where staff keeps attendance for their classes and manages student information (parent home & work phone numbers, email addresses, etc.). The program that looks after student grades for their class(es) is called Gradebook. Gradebook is digitally connected to PowerSchool, so the two programs work in sync.
In order to access your child's mark through this web based program, please go to this link
Alternatively, copy and paste this URL into your internet browser: http://powerschool.rdpsd.ab.ca/public
You can also download the PowerSchool mobile app to your cell phone (iPhone or Android device). For information on how to download the app and have access to your child's grades &/or attendance, please go to this link and follow the instructions.
This will take you to PowerSchool's Gradebook feature so you can access your student's marks/grades. You can also access your child's PowerSchool by downloading the PowerSchool App. Just go to the App Store, type in PowerSchool and download the app. Our district code is JBGT.
You can now set up a Parent Log in and manage/view marks & attendance for one or multiple students in PowerSchool.
For now, the system will NOT be able to deliver a calculated (overall) mark..... if it does, it is doing so incorrectly, and we are working on why the system is doing this - please be patient as we work through the growing pains with this new system. What is important or vital to you is your child's INDIVIDUAL mark on any given assignment, project, quiz or test.
When you first log in:
- Attendance is on the left for the last 2 weeks (totals on the right)
- Under the course heading, you will see a list of classes the student is enrolled in. At BOTH Y1 (Year-long Course) and T1 (Term 1 Course), you should see MRK. Please pay NO attention to ANY letter or percentage grade that may be present down that column - this is what we are working with our IT Dept to determine how the program can ACCURATELY reflect an overall grade.
- Parents should click on the "MRK" of the subject they wish to look at to see their child's individual assignments. This will take them to the teachers' class and ALL of the assignments they have inputted.
- AGAIN, please pay NO attention to any numerical value anywhere on the page (Middle School's report student progress in Letter Grades and at this early stage of implementation, this program wants to calculate numbers - our IT Dept needs more time to determine how to show Letter Grades only) - your focus should be on the LETTER GRADE your child received on an individual assignment.
As with all technology, there may be "glitches" or issues with your ability to access your child's marks. Please make sure you are using an updated browser and that you know your child's log in code. Further, if you do not have access to a computer to check student progress on a regular basis, please stay in contact with your child's teachers via phone or dropping them a note so you can stay informed. Feel free to contact the school at any time if you have questions, concerns or need help with this system. We would be happy to help you.
PRINTING REPORT CARDS:
If you need/desire to print out a copy of your son/daughter's report card you can now do that through PowerSchool.
- Log into your child's PowerSchool account using this link: https://powerschool.rdpsd.ab.ca/public/home.html
- Under the "Navigation" Menu on the LEFT side, scroll down to find "Print Reports" (near the bottom)
- You will now see the Report Card Section. Click on the blue link/words that say "Report Card"
- This will take you to your child's most recently posted report card. (The red printing will NOT print - it is for the webpage ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE: as of April, 2015, EVMS will no longer print out TERM report cards for students. Since all this information is available online 24/7, there is no need for the cost/expense of printing report cards. We will provide students with a final printed report card in June every year, but only unless we are requested to do so, we will not be mass printing student report cards at the end of each term (Term 1 ends early December; Term 2 ends late March). Please contact the office if you do not have access to the internet or cannot access your child's marks and we will be happy to assist you.
"Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent." -Bob Keeshan
Parenting today is tough. It is the ultimate long-term investment you will ever encounter. As the staff at Eastview Middle School continues to grow in their own professional developement, we will share with you some of the hints, tips, resources, websites, and articles of interest that may help you navigate the raising of that beautiful teenager of yours! They are worth every bit of time, sacrifice and investment we can give them. If you come across something that you found valuable, please share with us at Eastview, so we can determine if it's relevant and appropriate to add to this website. The addage "it takes a village to raise a child" comes to mind and this information may help others benefit from the experience of others. By no means is this website intended to be a comprehensive parenting webpage, but rather a fluid source of additional information that parents may benefit from as you raise your adolescent in today's society.